Long Sutton Hockey Club was founded in 1923. At the time there was both a Long Sutton Hockey Club and a Holbeach Hockey Club. So it was decided that as one club had a ground, but few players and the other club players, but no ground, they should amalgamate.
In the 1960's the club moved to Cinder Ash, Long Sutton, built its own clubhouse and acquired a second pitch. The club continued to produce many county level players.
During the 1970's a joint venture was agreed with Long Sutton Cricket Club to build a new pavilion on Park Road. The Earl of Ancaster duly opened the pavilion in May 1975, at the time the club retained the Cinder Ash pitches and purchased land for 2 more in Daniels Gate.
With the advent of artificial pitches, the club raised and acquired funding for an artificial pitch laid at The Peele School: Opened by Stuart Storey in October 1997 all matches are now played on the 'Astro'.